Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Remastered version for iPad is coming! No, seriously..!

Exciting news everybody!!! (Where everybody = half the person who still follows this blog.)

Believe it or not, after 10 years Some Peace Of Mind is getting a little bit of refreshment, call it a Remastered version if you will. Or a Special Edition thing, I won't judge.

It's happening, for real! I've been working on it for a couple of months now, like every day.


So, what's new? 

  • First things first, I've been re-writing the whole game from scratch particularly for iPad. It will also be available on iPhones, Macs and maybe even on Apple TV. Not Apple watch, sorry. I've been struggling with Apple's programming language for a while, so this is gonna be an Apple devices exclusive. Sorry if you don't own any of these, but sadly it would be a massive pain to also support Android and Windows. 
  • A new story, a new ending. Considered it needed a refreshment there too, didn't it? No copyrighted stuff this time, this thing must go to the App store after all.
  • New original music. Again, I can't use copyrighted stuff, so I'm grabbing my guitar and writing some ambient score for it. 
  • Other stuff? Maybe? I don't know yet. Achievements for sure. A couple of puzzles will be slightly redesigned to fit the new story properly.


So, when is it coming?

I'm struggling to get it out by Christmas 2020. It's a tough call, but I'm working hard on it.


Why?

Honestly, I just wanted an excuse to learn how to make mobile apps. So I thought, wait a minute, I could rewrite Some Peace Of Mind for a modern platform so it doesn't fall into an eternal oblivion of indie Win32 games. At least, its soul can now rest peacefully (pun intended) on a gigantic tech company's server. Also, I was told that Escape Rooms and stuff are cool now. Well, SPOM was released before escape rooms were even a thing. 

Any new game coming?

Sadly not any plans at the moment. Over the years, I had far too many game ideas, but game development and design in general needs massive amounts of time and expertise (if it needs to be any good). In other words, it's just too much for a lonely indie dev with a regular job and a family to do by himself. Things may change in the future of course, but not without finding the right artist to draw stuff on a screen, because that I cannot do.


Thank you for your interest, my favorite half-person who still follows this blog. We'll keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment